Monday 25 February 2013

Production - Experimenting With Effects

After reading the comments on my blog about my first rough cut, one of the issues I decided to resolve was that of some shots in my music video being slightly grainy and dark, and therefore slightly hard to see. I have been resolving this issue through the use of the effects available in Final Cut Pro X.

I looked at all of the effects available under the "light" section, but after trying each effect out such as "aura" and "side lights" , I still did not get more visible shots.






I also looked into manually adjusting the colour, saturation and exposure of the shots, attempting to make it more visible, but while this did help somewhat, it was not ideal.


Luckily though I did find something that worked; I used the "match colour" utility to match the colours of the shots that were too dark to shots that were lighter, thus giving the darker shots a more lighted look overall and making the shots more visible than before, as you can see below:

BEFORE



AFTER


BEFORE



AFTER



In the after pictures, what you are seeing is the shot I wished to change on the right (which has now been changed) and the shot I colour matched it with on the left.

Anyway everyone, that raps it up for this post :) I'll be sure to post my second rough cut soon and be sure to tell me what you think of these changes (whether you think the shots are more visible or not) as I really value your opinions on my music video :)

Thanks again everyone, and until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment