Thursday 17 January 2013

Production - Filming (All Finished! + The Problems I Faced)

As the title of this post states; all my filming for my music video is now finished, and I have to say shooting it was incredibly fun! Although there were some problems along the way.

On my storyboards I had drawn some shots that I thought would have been possible, unfortunately simply due to the space within my house and the way it is built; some shots actually weren't possible. Luckily these shots were NOT in great numbers and  I simply replaced the shots with different shots, that way (as I originally planned on my storyboard) the times assigned to the shots would still be in line, and it would make assembling the clips in order and attaching the song to them much easier. I was only not able to replace 4 shots, simply because of spacial requirements of the shots (where if I replaced the shots using the environment it would look too similar to the shots before/after it, and would not look good) and in one instance, because of the way I am animating the clips, could not actually be done. To compensate the timing for these shots I will extend some of my other shots. Besides this everything went perfect.

I was expecting to encounter troubles such as lighting and other common problems e.g. the actors within the music video showing up to the shooting late causing extra filming on further days, but everything went fluently. My lighting (upon first instance and after further reviewing) was how I wanted it and everyone involved in the music video took it very seriously (adhering to time restraints). All the equipment was within an area where it could stay on charge whilst filming, so battery power was no problem whereas it would have been if I had been shooting mainly outside, away from sources of power.

So overall,  I'm glad to say the filming went very smoothly :)

I will soon be assembling the shots onto a time-line in the correct order using 'Final Cut Pro X' and will upload an image of the completed time-line on a post ASAP :)

That wraps it up for now guys, I'll see you all next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment