Tuesday 11 December 2012

Audience Questionnaire Results

Over the last week I have been handing out my questionnaire to anyone who fits in my target audience; males and females between the ages of 13 and 21 who enjoy acoustic music and are of any social class, ethnicity or culture, and now I can reveal the results of the questionnaire.

I managed to get answers from 60 people by using people from my school, outside of school, and even strangers who met my target audience in Bishops Stortford and Harlow. Just a reminder, here is what the questionnaire asked my target audience:



and here are the results in the form, ANSWER - NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO GAVE THAT ANSWER:

----------

1. ALL NARRATIVE - 24
    ALL PERFORMANCE - 6
    BOTH NARRATIVE AND PERFORMANCE - 20
    DON'T MIND - 10

2. SOMETHING DIFFERENT - 39
    STICK WITH CONTEMPORARY - 7
    DON'T MIND - 14

3. YES - 35
    NO - 10
    UNSURE - 15

4. GLAMORISED - 8
   "DOWN TO EARTH" - 41
    DON'T MIND - 11

5. FAST-PACED - 4
    SLOW-PACED - 49
    BOTH - 7

6. YES - 41
    NO - 9
    SOMETIMES - 10

7. YES - 35
    NO - 11
    DON'T MIND - 14

8. YES - 6
    NO - 46
    SOMETIMES - 8

9. YES - 38
    NO - 0
    SOMETIMES - 5
    DON'T MIND - 17

10. YES - 46
      NO - 2
      DON'T MIND - 12

----------

I have to say, consider my target audience and the type (from the 4C's) they are often most like; THE EXPLORER, mainly these results did not surprise me, the only result that did was the results of question 1, as acoustic music videos often contain both narrative and performance and therefore finding people who like acoustic music who say they'd prefer to see one that is all narrative was different. Although this could be because, as they've shown in question 2, they want to see something different (much like THE EXPLORER) and therefore want something other than the norm of acoustic music videos.

These results will definitely impact the my ideas and the way I create my music videos, as I will try to cater to the majority vote in order to appeal to the largest number possible within my target audience.

That raps it up for this post everyone :) be sure to leave a comment about how your audience reacted to your questionnaires :)

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment