Wednesday 20 March 2013

Draft Digipak Questionnaire Results

The results of the questionnaire are now in.

In total I gave the questionnaire to 10 people and since the answers they gave were each unique, it is easier to give the general answer that I got from analysing the results:

In response to "Do you think there is anything that could be added to the Digipak in order to make it look better?, and if so, what is it and why?", every response surprisingly said in more or less words; NO. This is good because I'm glad that people think that my digipak (after having seen my music video) is at its full potential for the music video/album it is trying to market. So I am incredibly glad this was the response, although as I say, if someone were to have said I should have added something I would have also been glad, as it would have allowed me to seriously consider adding something that would have potentially made my Digipak better, but since the response that people wouldn't add anything, I won't, as it may possibly jeopardise my Digipak.

In response to "Do you think anything should be removed from the Digipak that looks out of place/unsuitable?, and if so, what is it and why?" , again, every respone in more or less words said; NO. When I saw this I had the same feelings as the answers to the previous question, which is that I was glad but at the same time wouldn't have mind if someone did want something removed for a suitable reason, allowing me to create a better digipak. But seemingly, people are happy with my digipak, and so I will leave it just the way it is to be on the safe side.

Finally, in response to "Would you do anything different to how I have presented the Digipak?, and if you would, what is it and why?, I actually did receive some comments about changes people would make. I received a couple of comments about using brighter colours such as reds and oranges (and the reason being that they thought it may work well) as well as one comment about the message being different on the additional pane (that it would be more about the artist to give more detail to him, to inform fans). I did consider the two comments about brighter colours, but after going over my digipak again I decided that I was very happy with the colour scheme the way it was, and that a change in colours may not work well with the theme of drawings/indie music. I also considered the comment about providing more info on the artist, but again I did not alter my digipak. The reason for this is that indie artists are not often very self-centered, especially in the case of Newton Faulkner. So I thought it would be more appropriate to keep the info I had provided, about the effects of piracy on the working man, which is something I strongly believe indie artists may provide information on. To enlighten those and help them stop something that has serious effects on hundreds of people every year, thus helping to combat a real issue in the music industry, and showing compassion for others.

And so, with this questionnaire I have decided that I will now make no further changes to my Digipak, and the next post I will make will declare my digipak finished.

So everyone, that raps it up for this post, but be sure to watch out for my final digipak post and then soon after, my posts about my magazine advertisement.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment