Thursday 21 March 2013

Draft Magazine Advert Questionnaire Results

I gave the questionnaire to 9 people, along with showing them my music video and digipak, and below are the general results (since each response was unique as the answers wern't set answers, but spaces for people to give their own answers, hence why 'm giving the generals results instead of each result, which would make this post drag on for much too long):

In response to "Do you think there is anything that could be added to the Magazine Advert in order to make it look better?, and if so, what is it and why?", the response, in more or less words, was NO.

I was surprised that there was nothing that the 9 people questioned wanted to add, perhaps because I tried to fill the space without making it seem cluttered and thus people thought the space was covered well (this was in fact involved in 2 of the answers received; that the space was used well). I am glad I received this response as I believe the space was filled with all the necessary information, plus extras that added synergy and added quality to the look of the advert.

In response to "Do you think anything should be removed from the Magazine Advert that looks out of place/unsuitable?, and if so, what is it and why?", the response was, in more or less words, NO.

I was very surprised by this, as even though I tried to fill the space available without making it seem cluttered, I was worried some people still would find it cluttered, but surprisingly people didn't. In terms of why people thought nothing needed to be removed, they all mentioned they thought the layout was nice just the way it was, and some mentioned removing anything would leave space where the advert would seem empty/boring. I'm very glad this was the response I received as my biggest fear was that people would think the advert was cluttered, but to hear that they think the layout is good the way that it is really pleases me.

Finally, in response to "Would you do anything different to how I have presented the Magazine Advert?, and if you would, what is it and why?", the response was varied. Here I received 5 responses that said they wouldn't change how the advert was presented because they were happy with the layout, and 4 responses that said they would change the layout but the only reason was due to personal preference. Because of this, I am going to keep my layout the way it is, since the response to the first two questions was incredibly good, and changing the layout now may cause people to want to change things in the advert, as a change of layout can have that effect, since what is included currently may not work when laid out differently.

So, because of this response to my magazine advert questionnaire, I will not be changing anything else. This of course means I can declare my magazine advert complete, which I am incredibly happy about. So, in my next post this is what I will declare, that no more changes will be made and that my magazine advert is finished, and then after that the only posts that will appear on my blog are my evaluation questions and a final post saying that my coursework is complete.

So guys and girls, that raps it up for this post, but be sure to watch for my declaration that I have finished my magazine advert, and then after that, my evaluation questions and farewell post.

Until next time everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment