Monday 18 March 2013

Production - Digipak Spine Draft

Below you will see my draft for the spine of my digipak, followed by an explanation of how it was created:




1. Both the font and background were easily inserted onto this spine through the edit menu. Since I had already manipulated the font, and the background needed no manipulation, I simply selected the font, then selected "copy" from the edit menu, then "paste" them onto this spine.

2. To position and rotate I used the Cursor Tool. For the background I simply moved it towards the left so that the red vertical line wasn't showing, thus creating a 3D effect with the outside of the digipak, as the horizontal lines will connect around the digipak. And finally, for the font, I simply selected the font using the cursor, then moved the cursor to a diagonal corner of the font, making the cursor to change to allow me to rotate the font, thus allowing me to make it read this way instead of how it reads on the front cover of the digipak.

That raps it up for this post everybody, bu be sure to watch my blog for more updates coming soon!

Until next time :D

No comments:

Post a Comment