Tuesday 19 March 2013

Production - Digipak Additional Pane Draft

Below you will see the draft for my additional pane, followed by an explanation of how I created it:



1. I applied all the text by first typing it all into the website Dafont, and then taking screenshots each time, followed by useing the Rectangular Marquee tool to remove it from the screenshots. After this I used the Magic Wand tool to remove the white background and then simply scaled and positioned the text where appropriate using the Cursor tool.

2. The characters were added through the use of my graphics tablet. I selected the Brush tool from the sidebar and then drew them straight onto the pane where I wanted them to be placed.

3. I used Google to find the UK Copyright Service logo, then once I had copied it, I used the Edit menu to paste it onto the pane. I used the rectangular marquee tool to separate it from a larger image containing elements I didn't need, then simply removed the background using the Magic Want tool and the delete key. Once this was done I finished by using the Cursor tool to scale and position it at the bottom left of the pane where I thought it was most appropriate.

4. Finally the background. Originally I had planned to make this white, and I had actually completed the three other stages before I finally decided to change this, as after I completed the three other stages I began using the filters for my inner left and right panes. after I found one that worked and decided to keep it, I changed this background to retain synergy through the cream colour (seen in the background of the inner left and right panes), thus making it look professional. I did this through using the Rectangular Marquee tool on one of the filtered images from the other panes. Once I had found a suitable section I used the Edit menu to copy it and then paste it onto this pane. Finally I scaled it to fit the entire pane using the Cursor tool, thus completing what is actually the second draft of my additional pane.

I want to note that here and on my front cover, that the reason I used a different font for Newton Faulkner's name is that this way it seems like a signature, thus making it look more professional, as though his signature had been digitally inserted onto the digipak.

Anyway everyone, that raps it up for this post.

Be sure to watch my blog for more updates coming soon :)

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment