Monday 18 March 2013

Production - Digipak Back Cover Draft

below you will see the draft for the back cover of my digipak, followed by an explanation (by numbers) of how I created the back cover:




1. The font was manipulated and placed where appropriate using the same tools as before as you can see from the tools with the number 1 next to them. I pasted them (using the edit menu), used the rectangular marquee tool to remove the font, used the magic wand to eliminate the original background and then simply chose where it would be placed with cursor tool.

2. The legal information was inserted via the horizontal text tool and then rotated using the cursor tool. The copyright image (at the beginning of the legal information) was inserted via the edit menu (paste), then the background was removed using the magic wand tool and it was rotated and placed using the cursor tool.

3. The bar-code needed to retain the white background to have authenticity, so inserting it was simply a matter of pasting it in (via the edit menu) and then rotating/choosing its placement with the cursor tool.

I thought the background was self explanatory so I thought it needn't be explained (just in case though, I pasted the image in via the edit menu and then placed it using the cursor tool).

As you will see I am still maintaining the 3D effect by having the horizontal lines of the paper follow the outside of the digipak, and you will also notice that the legal information is a different font from the one used one the rest of the digipak. This is because I have noticed on various digipaks that this is often the case, most likely to have maximum legibility, and so this is why I chose "Times New Roman" for the legal information (since it's simply about law and not style, and therefore looks professional as it retains the codes that real digipaks follow).

Well that raps it up for this post guys and girls :)

Be sure to keep following my blog as always and I'll see you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment