Tuesday 19 March 2013

Production - Digipak Middle Inner Pane Draft

below you will see the draft for the middle inner pane of my digipak, followed by an explanation of how I created it:



1. I had originally used a white background here, and I was going to leave this pane blank, as it will be where the disc tray sits, but after my choice to use filters on my inner left and right panes, I decided to change this background to retain the synergy and make the digipak look more professional. I did this by first using the Rectangular Marquee tool to select a section of the filtered photo used on the inner left pane that was darker, as you will see in the inner left pane as it comes towards the right it eventually completely turn the colour used for the background here, thus giving an effect of the filter applying across the entire inner panes (as though they are one long image). After selecting a section suitable, I used the Edit menu to copy and then paste it onto this pane. Finally I scaled the section to fill the pane using the Cursor tool, thus completing the background.

2. I deviated from my original flat plan by adding in this drawing of a heart (one that is in the same style as the one that is seen in the music video, thus retaining synergy between the music video and digipak, making it appear more professional). I added this drawing through the use of my graphics tablet. I simply selected the Brush tool from the sidebar, and then drew the heart straight onto the pane. It did take quite a few tries to achieve the heart that you see now, as I wanted it to look neat but at the same time be entirely drawn on and not manipulated.

That raps up this post guys and girls.

Be sure to watch my blog for the remaining updates to do with my digipak and then of course my posts involving magazine advertisement and evaluation questions.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment